Friday, July 13, 2007

International Flight Numero Uno

Well, I made it to Washington, D.C.
In the scheme of things - looking ahead to a 25+ hour international flight - this may seem like a small feat. But I am taking things one step at a time on this trip, so therefore - each tiny victory is still a VICTORY! I have learned that people, including myself, do strange things before a long trip abroad. First and most importantly, knowing that this will be our last opportunity to savor American food for a few weeks, we are running around this airport like wild animals looking for the following: Starbucks, McDonalds, Sbarro Pizza, Coke machines and any other shops that may serve fried, greasy food and/or coffee and soda. Check out this picture! My first bona fide international plane...I'll tell you in a few hours whether or not it will also be my last!

No comments: