Saturday, July 21, 2007

Celebration

Today was another good day - I can't believe that our time here is almost over.

Today was the celebration day that we have been working towards - talking, encouraging and promoting HIV/AIDS testing and awareness in Mtsiliza Village. Many kids came out to play today when we arrived at 9 a.m. we began playing games and singing with all the kids.

The kids are so beautiful. When they look at you - it truly is like looking at the face of God. I have never before in my life made eye contact with another person and had it feel like that - the children look straight into your eyes. They see you. They see through you.

"Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men. For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness." Psalm 107:8-9

I like that Psalm verse because I feel like it describes what is going on here in Malawi. These children are hungry for food and I will be praying that their physical needs will be met, but you God are definitely feeding their hunger for you. I have never seen people have nothing, feel somewhat hopeless but yet still praise God with every piece of their soul.

We saw the Jack family that we have been helping all week for the last time. We took a picture together, and I have to remember to send them a copy of it through COTN.





No comments: